25 Quotes All Boy Moms Can Relate To
Raising a little boy can sometimes feel like trying to corral a tornado, but boy moms know there is nothing quite as sweet as the affection a son has for his mother, his first love. Whether you're the mom of one baby boy or a whole wolf pack, these boy mom quotes will warm your heart and in some cases make you laugh out loud. And the next time you slow your little boy down long enough to steal a cuddle, remember the most important quote he can hear from you: I love you.
Love Quotes For When Your Little Boy is Your Whole World
Warning: These sweet quotes about a mother's love may require tissues.
- “One thing about having a baby is that each step of the way you simply cannot imagine loving him any more than you already do, because you are bursting with love, loving as much as you are humanly capable of—and then you do, you love him even more.” – Anne Lamott
- “I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
- “In my practice, I’ve seen something extraordinary, almost spiritual, in the eyes of young mothers who hold their sons for the first time. It’s as though we know we have to hold on tightly, while we can, because deep down, we realize that we can’t keep them.” – Meg Meeker
- “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” – Sandra Bullock
- “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew that if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
Important Lessons About Raising Boys
Keep these inspirational quotes handy as you help your little boy become a man.
- "If you would have your son to walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path, but teach him to walk firmly over them—not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone." – Anne Brontë
- “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” – Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
- “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “I am a Boy Mom, and I keep my eyes on the goal: raising the boy I love into a man who will make this world a better place.” – Monica Swanson
Mom Life Truths and Funny Quotes For a Mom of Boys
Need a hilarious caption for social media or some new wall art for your son's room? We've got you.
- “If boy puberty hired a marketing firm to design a logo, it would be an image of a closed door; if it were animated, the door would be slamming.” – Cara Natterson
- “A small son can charm himself into, and out of, most things.” – Jenny de Vries
- “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Inside every hardened criminal beats the heart of a 10-year-old boy.” – Bart Simpson
- “Here's what I've learned about raising boys... if you keep 'em busy, they're fine. You let 'em get bored, they'll dismantle your house board by board.” – Kenny Rogers
Motherhood Quotes Designed for Boy Moms
These powerful quotes will strike a chord in any mom of boys.
- "Now let me pray to keep you from the perils that will surely come. See life for you, my prince, has just begun.” – Lauryn Hill
- "He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark.” – J.K. Rowling
- "As mothers raising sons, we have the power to change the trajectory of not only our own sons’ lives, but also of the culture at large.” – Melia Keeton Digby
- “Boys do not grow up gradually. They move forward in spurts like the hands of clocks in railway stations.” – Cyril Connolly
- “Goodness will find the little boy. It always has. It will again.” – Cormac McCarthy
- “The sweetest roamer is a boy's young heart.” – George Edward Woodberry
Inspirational Mother and Son Quotes
In your son's eyes, every day is Mother's Day.
- “You are his definition of home, the place where he feels most confident and comfortable.” – Katie Clemons
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish proverb
- “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
- “She loved a boy very, very much – even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein