popular topics in movies, tv, internet
- Kids18 for 2018: The Best of Netflix for KidsThere's a lot of great stuff for kids on Netflix, some that's easy to find and some that isn't. So, we'll help you find the good stuff. We've compiled our list of 18 must-see movies and shows on Netflix, some classics, some educational and some ...Laurie Mega
- Christmas MoviesTop 10 Chick Flicks to Watch This Holiday SeasonEditor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items fe...Erin Dower and FEN Staff
- Mobile Apps10 Apps for Parents to Monitor Kids' Mobile UseKids and mobile devices can be a scary mix. Whether your toddler is just starting to use your family tablet or your teen has a new smartphone of her own, check out the wide variety of apps and software — free and paid — that you can use to mo...Erin Dower
- Holiday MoviesThe Top 10 Family Movies for the 2017 Holiday SeasonIt's finally here! The holiday movie season is upon us, and Hollywood has not disappointed. From super-heroes to the first Christmas in Bethlehem, there's something for every family headed to the movies this month. Check out these upcoming movies...Kelly Sundstrom
- Halloween12 Spine-Tingling Halloween Movies for TeensYour teen probably isn't dressing up to go trick-or-treating, anymore, but they probably still love a good spooky Halloween movie. This year, help your teenagers plan a spooktacular movie night with a few age-appropriate and spine-tingling mov...Kelly Sundstrom
- Halloween13 Not-So-Scary Halloween Movies for KidsNothing says Halloween like Night of the Living Dead, The Ring, or...well...Halloween. But what about Halloween movies that your kids can watch? We've rounded up our favorite 13 (get it? 13?) not-so-scary Halloween movies just for kids. Monsters...Erin Dower
- Mobile AppsSafety Beyond Facebook: 12 Social Media Apps Every Parent Should Know AboutPop quiz: What is Voxer? If you're scratching your head, it's time to read up on the trendy new social media apps kids are using. Friending your child on Facebook is now just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to online safety. Click through to...Erin Dower
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Kids and Tv10 Family-Friendly TV Shows to Watch This FallWe may have more TV networks and more ways to watch than ever before, but it often feels harder than ever to find TV shows that the whole family can enjoy together. While adult TV is experiencing a new golden age and children's programming is bre...Colleen Hughes
- Handicrafts8 Epic Emoji-Themed Crafts, Activities & RecipesAre your kids obsessed with emoji? We've rounded up the best emoji crafts, activities, and treats found on Pinterest. Whether you're throwing an emoji-themed birthday party or simply want to have some (shhh... screen-free!) fun with kids, tweens...
- Entertainment and Activities7 Family Activities to Celebrate Screen-Free WeekDoes your family spend too much time with their noses glued to screens, like computers, TVs, smart phones, the latest iGadget? If so, then perhaps give Screen Free Week a try. Screen free what? From May 1-7, unplug from any and all digital ente...Steven Auger
- Harry PotterWhere Would the Harry Potter Sorting Hat Place You?Are you a Harry Potter fan? Well, you may not be able to attend Hogwarts, but at least you can find out what house the Sorting Hat would choose for you by taking this quiz. ...
- Internet Safety6 Safe Search Engines for KidsWith school back in session, the Internet can be a great resource for homework help, but you might be worried about your child accessing inappropriate sites and information while he surfs the Web. These safe search engines for kids offer prescree...Lindsay Hutton
- Kids and Cell Phones8 Quick Tips for Curbing Your Family's Screen TimeIt's dinner time and everyone in your family is nose-down, glued to their phones and mobile devices, rather than making good ol'-fashioned eye contact. Sound familiar? Setting limits on screen time — and remembering to put down our own devices ...Erin Dower
- Kids and Cell Phones7 Tips to Childproof Your SmartphoneRaise your hand if your child thinks your phone is just another one of her toys. We all know the feeling! Smartphones can be a great source for educational entertainment for children, but let's face it — curious kids have the uncanny ability to...Lindsay Hutton
- Internet PornographyBoys and Porn: What's Normal?Boys and Porn: What's Normal?Is Viewing Porn Normal? Fact: Boys consume lots of pornography: online porn, videos, cable TV, magazines, and virtual reality games. Fact: Boys ages 12-17 are among the biggest consumers of pornography. Fact: Adolesc...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Behavior Checklists and Charts PrintablesWe Can!™ Screen Time ChartPrint this weekly screen-time log to see how much time your kids spend in front of a screen each day, presented by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's We Can!™ program to boost children's activity level and nutrition. Reme...