popular topics in crafts for kids
- Activities and Crafts5 National Johnny Appleseed Day CraftsIt's apple season, and what better way to enjoy these delicious and nutritious fruits than to honor the pioneer who helped introduce and spread apples around the country. On September 26th, celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day and teach your little one...Kelly Sundstrom
- Activities and Crafts3 Rosh Hashanah Crafts for KidsRosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year and the first of the High Holidays, ending with Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It's a holiday rich with traditions, such as the sounding of the shofar and eating special foods including round challah and sw...Rebecca Desfosse
- Playdough6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities and CraftsRosh Hashanah Apple Candlesticks CraftThese apple candlesticks make lovely table decorations for Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, or any fall feast. Materials: A paring knife Plastic wrap A potato peeler Lemon juice 2 Rome Beauty apples 2 candles Directions: Core the apple halfwa...
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make a Seashell MagnetPreserve your beach memories by making seashell magnets for your fridge. Putting them together is easy, and you can use any type of shell you find in the sand. Seashell Magnets Craft Materials:Seashells Small dried or silk flowers Magnetic strip...
- Activities and CraftsCrayon Color Wheel CraftCrayon Color Wheel Craft For this craft, you will need: Materials: Bits of Crayons in an assortment of colors A clean, empty tuna can, or other shallow can Tongs Directions: Remove the paper wrappers from the broken bits of Cray...
- ClayHomemade Clay RecipesUse the following recipes to make clay that can be rolled or shaped into sculptures. Some clays should be dried overnight, while others are best baked in an oven. When hard, sculptures can be decorated and preserved with acrylic paint or finish. ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make Stencil Table TentsTable top cards are easy to put together, and they’re a fun way to keep a theme going at any event. For this craft, here’s what you’ll need: Materials: 4 x 9.5 Cardstock Wide satin ribbon Glue gun Stencils that match your theme Numbe...
- Handicrafts8 Epic Emoji-Themed Crafts, Activities & RecipesAre your kids obsessed with emoji? We've rounded up the best emoji crafts, activities, and treats found on Pinterest. Whether you're throwing an emoji-themed birthday party or simply want to have some (shhh... screen-free!) fun with kids, tweens...
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make Patriotic Flip FlopsPatriotic Flip Flops Give a plain pair of rubber flip flops a patriotic makeover with our step by step video tutorial. Great for kids, teens, even Mom might like a pair of these! Best of all, you can easily remove and switch up the decorations t...
- Summer Crafts and Activities11 Fun Summer Camp Crafts and Activities to Try at HomeKids don't have to go to an expensive camp to have a blast this summer! Bust summer boredom with these classic camp-inspired activities and crafts you can do at home with your kids. Find both indoor and outdoor activities for groups and individua...Erin Dower
- Activities and Crafts5 Easy Fourth of July CraftsFlags, fireworks, and barbecue -- oh my! The Fourth of July is exciting for the whole family, especially for children. Along with all the festivities, celebrate this Independence Day with your little ones by making these 5 easy Fourth of July cra...Kelly Sundstrom
- Rain3 Rainy Day Crafts for SummerSummer time usually means fun in the sun running around outdoors, but on a rainy day little ones can easily become bored and restless. Before your kiddos start climbing the walls, try these rainy day crafts to keep them occupied and entertained. ...Kelly Sundstrom
- Activities and Crafts5 Easy Crafts for PreschoolersLittle ones love making crafts, but who has the time or money for the supplies you need to put together an amazing project? Good news - your children can make these five crafts for preschoolers using only four supplies or less. Tissue Paper Tree...Kelly Sundstrom
- Art SuppliesHomemade Glue and Paste RecipesHomemade Glue and Paste RecipesThe following glue and paste recipes use a variety of ingredients and methods. Choose the one that best suits your project. For variety, add food coloring before using. Store all glues and pastes in airtight contain...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Kindergarten Art5 Easy Crafts for KindergartnersKindergarten-aged kiddos seem to have endless energy. So when you have your little ones at home all day, prepare ahead of time by putting together a few hands-on crafts to keep those little hands busy. Your children will be entertained all day lo...Kelly Sundstrom