popular topics in activities and crafts
- ChristmasHow to Make a Christmas Ornament Sun CatcherI made a version of these sun catchers with my boys as little hostess gifts for Thanksgiving. The boys loved sticking the tissue paper to the contact sheet, and they were super-proud to give a present that they made "all by themselves." For this ...Laurie Mega
- December HolidaysHow to Make a Holiday Wreath Ornament...
- Playdough6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities and CraftsTop 10 Christmas Crafts Using Washi TapeWashi tape is one of our favorite craft supplies. It comes in dozens of different colors and patterns, it's cheap, easy for little hands to use, and makes minimal mess — win! We've rounded up our favorite Christmas-themed washi tape ideas f...Lindsay Hutton
- ThanksgivingHow to Make Turkey Place Cards for Your Thanksgiving Table...
- Thanksgiving Activities and TraditionsHow to Make a Harvest Frost Candle HolderThe great thing about these harvest candle holders? You can use what’s handy in your cabinet. Kids will have a great time dropping different grains and beans to create colorful, interesting layers. For this craft, you will need: A hurricane...Laurie Mega
- Best ToysTop 10 New Outdoor Toys for SummerIt's time to stock up on summer toys for your kids! Check out these fun new summer toys and games that are sure to be a hit for yard and beach playtime. Also, search our Toy Finder for new ride-on toys and bikes for all ages. ...Erin Dower
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Activities and Crafts5 Pumpkin Crafts for ToddlersFall is definitely in the air, and what better way to celebrate the change of season than with a few toddler-friendly crafts to get your little ones in the Halloween spirit. These pumpkin crafts for toddlers are both easy to make and a pleasure t...Kelly Sundstrom
- Activities and Crafts5 National Johnny Appleseed Day CraftsIt's apple season, and what better way to enjoy these delicious and nutritious fruits than to honor the pioneer who helped introduce and spread apples around the country. On September 26th, celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day and teach your little one...Kelly Sundstrom
- Activities and Crafts3 Rosh Hashanah Crafts for KidsRosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year and the first of the High Holidays, ending with Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It's a holiday rich with traditions, such as the sounding of the shofar and eating special foods including round challah and sw...Rebecca Desfosse
- Outdoor GamesTop 10 Backyard Party Games for All AgesLooking for some fun outdoor games to play at your next barbecue or family party? Good ol' fashioned group games — from sack races to cornhole and other toss games — are all the rage these days! So check out this list of our favorite old and ...Erin Dower
- Activities and CraftsRosh Hashanah Apple Candlesticks CraftThese apple candlesticks make lovely table decorations for Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, or any fall feast. Materials: A paring knife Plastic wrap A potato peeler Lemon juice 2 Rome Beauty apples 2 candles Directions: Core the apple halfwa...
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make a Seashell MagnetPreserve your beach memories by making seashell magnets for your fridge. Putting them together is easy, and you can use any type of shell you find in the sand. Seashell Magnets Craft Materials:Seashells Small dried or silk flowers Magnetic strip...
- Activities and CraftsCrayon Color Wheel CraftCrayon Color Wheel Craft For this craft, you will need: Materials: Bits of Crayons in an assortment of colors A clean, empty tuna can, or other shallow can Tongs Directions: Remove the paper wrappers from the broken bits of Cray...
- ClayHomemade Clay RecipesUse the following recipes to make clay that can be rolled or shaped into sculptures. Some clays should be dried overnight, while others are best baked in an oven. When hard, sculptures can be decorated and preserved with acrylic paint or finish. ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Activities and Crafts3 Cute Crafts for Kindergarten to Help Your Child Prepare for SchoolStarting kindergarten can feel intimidating to children, especially if they've never attended a program like daycare or preschool. These cute crafts for kindergarten can help your child get ready for their first day of school and feel excited abo...Kelly Sundstrom