popular topics in activities and crafts
- Activities and CraftsTop 10 Christmas Crafts Using Washi TapeWashi tape is one of our favorite craft supplies. It comes in dozens of different colors and patterns, it's cheap, easy for little hands to use, and makes minimal mess — win! We've rounded up our favorite Christmas-themed washi tape ideas f...Lindsay Hutton
- ThanksgivingHow to Make Turkey Place Cards for Your Thanksgiving Table...
- Playdough6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Thanksgiving Activities and TraditionsHow to Make a Harvest Frost Candle HolderThe great thing about these harvest candle holders? You can use what’s handy in your cabinet. Kids will have a great time dropping different grains and beans to create colorful, interesting layers. For this craft, you will need: A hurricane...Laurie Mega
- Activities and Crafts5 Pumpkin Crafts for ToddlersFall is definitely in the air, and what better way to celebrate the change of season than with a few toddler-friendly crafts to get your little ones in the Halloween spirit. These pumpkin crafts for toddlers are both easy to make and a pleasure t...Kelly Sundstrom
- Activities and Crafts5 National Johnny Appleseed Day CraftsIt's apple season, and what better way to enjoy these delicious and nutritious fruits than to honor the pioneer who helped introduce and spread apples around the country. On September 26th, celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day and teach your little one...Kelly Sundstrom
- ClayHomemade Clay RecipesUse the following recipes to make clay that can be rolled or shaped into sculptures. Some clays should be dried overnight, while others are best baked in an oven. When hard, sculptures can be decorated and preserved with acrylic paint or finish. ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Activities and Crafts3 Rosh Hashanah Crafts for KidsRosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year and the first of the High Holidays, ending with Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. It's a holiday rich with traditions, such as the sounding of the shofar and eating special foods including round challah and sw...Rebecca Desfosse
- Activities and CraftsRosh Hashanah Apple Candlesticks CraftThese apple candlesticks make lovely table decorations for Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, or any fall feast. Materials: A paring knife Plastic wrap A potato peeler Lemon juice 2 Rome Beauty apples 2 candles Directions: Core the apple halfwa...
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make a Seashell MagnetPreserve your beach memories by making seashell magnets for your fridge. Putting them together is easy, and you can use any type of shell you find in the sand. Seashell Magnets Craft Materials:Seashells Small dried or silk flowers Magnetic strip...
- Outdoor ActivitiesTop 10 Wintertime Neighborhood GamesJust because it's cold and snowy, it doesn't mean you have to stay inside! Winter weather can be a great excuse to round up everyone in your neighborhood and get outside for some fresh air and exercise. So bundle up, and try these outdoor winter ...Lindsay Hutton
- Activities and CraftsCrayon Color Wheel CraftCrayon Color Wheel Craft For this craft, you will need: Materials: Bits of Crayons in an assortment of colors A clean, empty tuna can, or other shallow can Tongs Directions: Remove the paper wrappers from the broken bits of Cray...
- Activities and Crafts3 Cute Crafts for Kindergarten to Help Your Child Prepare for SchoolStarting kindergarten can feel intimidating to children, especially if they've never attended a program like daycare or preschool. These cute crafts for kindergarten can help your child get ready for their first day of school and feel excited abo...Kelly Sundstrom
- Active Play7 Fun Driveway and Sidewalk Games for KidsLooking for some classic outdoor games kids can play in the driveway or on the sidewalk, just like the good ol' days? From hopscotch to bubble-blowing contests, here's something for all ages. Best of all, you don't need a lot of equipment or a bi...
- CampingCamping EssentialsCamping can be a fun and cheap family activity or vacation. But you do need quite a few supplies to manage life in the great outdoors. Find out what you'll need to pack for your next camping adventure, and remember to check with your campground t...Erin Dower
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Activities and CraftsHow to Make Stencil Table TentsTable top cards are easy to put together, and they’re a fun way to keep a theme going at any event. For this craft, here’s what you’ll need: Materials: 4 x 9.5 Cardstock Wide satin ribbon Glue gun Stencils that match your theme Numbe...