Meaning and Origin of: Marti
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Aramic : A lady; mistress; who becomes bitter; provoking
Girl name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Swiss German : from a pet form of Martin 1.
- Italian : probably from medieval Greek Martios ‘March’, a nickname for someone who was born or baptized in March or had some other association with the month.
- Catalan (Martí) and southern French (Occitan) : from the personal name Martí (see Martin).
- Hungarian : topographic name from mart ‘small hill’, ‘waterfront’.
- Hungarian : from Marti, a pet form of the personal name Márton, Hungarian form of Martin.