Meaning and Origin of: Lynn
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Chinese : Beautiful; jade
- American, English : Beautiful
- Anglo-Saxon : A cascade
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings:
- English : Verbose; waterfall
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Irish : reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Fhloinn and Ó Fhloinn (see Flynn).
- Scottish : variant of Lyne 3.
- English : habitational name from any of several places so called in Norfolk, in particular King’s Lynn, an important center of the medieval wool trade. The place name is probably from an Old Welsh word cognate with Gaelic linn ‘pool’, ‘stream’.