Girl name origins & meanings
- Chinese : Beautiful; jade
- American, English : Beautiful
- Anglo-Saxon : A cascade
Boy name origins & meanings
- English : Verbose; waterfall
Family name origins & meanings
- Irish : reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Fhloinn and Ó Fhloinn (see Flynn).
- Scottish : variant of Lyne 3.
- English : habitational name from any of several places so called in Norfolk, in particular King’s Lynn, an important center of the medieval wool trade. The place name is probably from an Old Welsh word cognate with Gaelic linn ‘pool’, ‘stream’.