Boy name origins & meanings
- Greek : Long-haired; hairy
- Latin : A fine head of hair; Famous emperor
- Shakespearean : From Julius Caesar
Family name origins & meanings
- Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish : from casa ‘house’ (Latin casa ‘hut’, ‘cottage’, ‘cabin’), perhaps originally denoting the occupier of the most distinguished house in a village.
- Italian : from a short form of the personal name Benincasa, an omen name meaning ‘welcome in (our) house’.
- Italian (Sicily; Casà) : probably a metonymic occupational name for a maker of saddlecloths, from Greek kasas ‘saddlecloth’.