Boy name origins & meanings
- Greek : Long-haired; hairy
- Latin : A fine head of hair; Famous emperor
- Shakespearean : From Julius Caesar
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Cesar
Family name origins & meanings
- French and Portuguese (César); from the personal name César, French and Portuguese equivalent of Caesar (see Cesare).
- Slovenian and Croatian (northern Croatia) : from cesar ‘emperor’, nickname for a person who behaved in an imperious manner or for an administrative official in the service of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.