Find Baby Names
All baby boy names that start with the letter R
Are you looking for the perfect baby boy name that starts with R? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby boy names beginning with R to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your son, R names make strong and unique names for boys. Plus, names starting with R have never been more popular!
Discover rare R names for boys, the best options for boy middle names that start with R, and more! And if you love these boy names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of boy names from A-Z.
Popular Boy Names That Start with R
Some "R" names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are some of the most popular boy names starting with R according to the latest data from the Social Security Administration.
- Ryan - The name Ryan is of Irish origin and means "little king." Ryan is the #66 most popular boy name.
- Roman - Roman has various origins, but the most commonly referred to one is the Hebrew origin which means "strong, powerful." Roman is the #75 most popular boy name.
- Robert - The name Robert is of Old English origin and means "bright fame." Robert is the #79 most popular boy name.
- Rowan - The name Rowan is of Old English, Scottish, and Irish origin and means "rowan tree." Rowan is the #106 most popular boy name.
- River - An English name meaning "by the riverbank." River is the #110 most popular boy name.
- Ryder - The name Ryder is of Old English origin and means "horsemen" or "cavalrymen, messenger." Ryder is the #111 most popular boy name.
- Rhett - Rhett is of various origins, but namely Dutch and English origin and means "advice." Rhett is the #148 most popular boy name.
- Richard - Richard is a boy name of German origin, meaning "brave ruler." Richard is the #216 most popular boy name.
- Remington - The name Remington is of Old English origin and means "from the raven's home." Remington is the #231 most popular boy name.
- Rafael - The name Rafael is of Hebrew origin and means "God has healed." Rafael is the #237 most popular boy name.
Unique and Rare Boy Names That Start with R
If popular and trendy names aren't for you, there are plenty of "R" names for boys that are uncommon and unique. Here are some of our favorite boy names starting with R.
- Rafe - Irish name meaning "prosperous."
- Rafa - Hindi name meaning "happy."
- Rain - Latin name meaning "ruler."
- Rhys - Welsh name meaning "Ardent one."
- Rice - Old Welsh name meaning "enthusiastic."
- Rosko - Old Norse name meaning "from the deer forest."
- Rudi - German name meaning "wolf."
- Riordan - Gaelic name meaning "poet."
- Ringo - German name meaning "ring." Japanese name meaning "apple."
- Raven - English name meaning "dark haired; wise; bird."
Modern Boy Names That Start with R
These trending baby names are modern name options for your baby boy.
- Ranger - French name meaning "dweller in the field."
- Remy - French name meaning "oarsman."
- Ridley - Old English name meaning "reed clearing."
Cute Boy Names That Start with R
These are some of the cutest boy names starting with R. These boy names are perfect for an adorable baby.
- Raffi - Irish name meaning "prosperous."
- Radlee - English name meaning "meadow."
- Rami - Arabic name meaning "loving."
- Rawlee - American form of the name Raleigh.
- Ransley - Old English name meaning "Raven's meadow."
- Reo - Spanish name meaning "river."
- Ridglee - English name meaning "by the meadow's edge."
- Rooney - Gaelic name meaning "red-haired."
- Rufus - Latin name meaning "red-haired."
- Rugby - English name meaning "from the raven's estate."