The Best Baptism Gift Ideas for 2020
Editor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
When attending a new baby’s baptism, also known as a christening, you will want to choose the perfect gift to commemorate this special day. Gifts can range from jewelry and decorative pieces to religious-inspired toys and books. Whether you’re a godparent, friend, or family member, we’ve rounded up the 10 best baptism gift ideas to help you decide what to get for the newly christened little one.
Our Top Picks
- Best Crib Cross: Dicksons Protect This Child Metal Crib Cross at Amazon
- Best First Bible: Baby's First Bible Boxed Set at Amazon
- Best Bedtime Story Baptism Gift: God Gave Us You at Amazon
- The Cutest Stuffed Animal Christening Gift: Baby Gift Set with Praying Musical Lamb and Prayer Book at Amazon
- Best Jewelry Baptism Gift: Personalized Baby Name Bracelet at Amazon
- Best Rosary Christening Gift: Grasslands Road Girl's My First Rosary Cross Set at Amazon
- Best Prayer Book Baptism Gift: Baby's First Book of Prayers at Amazon
- Best Toy Set: Fisher-Price Little People Noah's Ark Playset at Amazon
- Best Snow Globe Baptism Gift: DEMDACO Jesus Loves Me Snow Globe at Amazon
- Best Children’s Bible: The Jesus Storybook Bible Gift Edition at Amazon
- Best Classic Christening Gift: Sterling Silver Baby Spoon at Amazon
- Best Extravagant Splurge Christening Gift: 3D Baby Casting Kit at Amazon
- Best Locket: Ross-Simons Baby's 14kt Yellow Gold Locket Necklace at Amazon
- Best Choice for Babies With Pierced Ears: Solitaire Genuine Pink CZ Unisex Designer Stud Earrings at Amazon
- Best Choice for a Baby Blanket: BabyPrem Baby Blanket Shawl at Amazon
What to Consider When Purchasing a Baptism Gift
- Religious reference
Baptism is a religious ceremony, so religious imagery like crosses or Bible references are appropriate gift ideas. While not every gift given on the baptism day must be directly Christian, if you are a godmother or godfather, sticking to something baptismal for your goddaughter or godson makes sense.
Baptism is a formal ceremony, and although gifts may be cute, they should reflect that formality. Although not every gift has to have a religious reference, such as if you are not personally Christian, an elegant gift is always the right choice. Gold or sterling silver is always a fine idea, but a baby blanket can also be in good taste.
These gifts are meant to last and be cherished. Go for something of high quality that can be appreciated over a person’s lifetime and perhaps passed down as a family heirloom.
How We Chose Our Favorites
I have attended many baptisms throughout my life, and even participated in a few baptism ceremonies. I have learned through my own culture what kinds of baptism gift ideas work best. At FamilyEducation, we always talk with real parents and gift-givers to help us narrow down the best choices as well.
Looking for more gift ideas for baby? Here are our top picks for First Birthday Gifts.