popular topics in babies
- PregnancyOur 5 Favorite Celebrity Baby Announcements Right NowAs much as we love babies, we also love baby announcements! These are our favorite celebrity baby announcements for the year so far. Kirsten Dunst Kirsten Dunst officially announced her pregnancy in the RODARTE fall look book. She looks goddess-l...Laurie Mega
- PregnancyThe Benefits of Breastfeeding: They're Not Just for BabyThe advantages of breastfeeding compared to formula-feeding are numerous, diverse and convincing. These advantages extend not only to babies but to their mothers, families and society. One might assume that the merits of breastfeeding would be...
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- PregnancyOur 5 Favorite Celebrity Babies Born in JanuaryWe know Kim and Kanye's third child and second daughter was born this past month (really, we don't follow them too closely). But did you know a whole bunch of other celebrities became first-, second- and even third-time parents this month? We rou...Laurie Mega
- Children's General HealthStaff Picks: Treating Childhood Illnesses: What Works and What Doesn't?Karo Syrup for Constipation: Not a Thing Karo syrup is a brand of corn syrup that was once widely recommended for helping babies poop. However, according to the Mayo Clinic, this kind of dark corn syrup doesn't contain the same chemical structur...Laurie Mega
- BabiesThe Ultimate Guide to Packing a Diaper Bag...
- Parenting Tools PrintablesPrintable Month-by-Month Developmental Milestone ChartPrint this developmental milestone chart, and check off each milestone as your child grows into her first year of life. It's important to remember that babies develop at different rates, and this printable represents general guidelines. ...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Cribs and BedsHow to Assemble a Graco Pack 'n PlayA Pack 'n Play is a great item for travel and a safe and secure place for your baby to play. But set up can be a little tricky at first! See this demonstration on how to assemble your baby's Pack 'n Play. Transcript: Hi everyone, I'm...
- Setting Up the NurseryHow to Buy Organic Baby FurnitureIf you'd like to know how to buy organic baby furniture for your child's bedroom, and don't know where to begin—or what to look for—we're got answers. (And, yes, we'll get to the word "organic" in a minute...) Meet mom Susan Inglis, Executive...Rachel Sokol
- Genetics and PregnancyWhat Color Will My Baby's Eyes Be? A Genetic Explanation (Video)Genes come in pairs, and each gene in a pair may differ slightly. One gene may be dominant, and override the other gene, which is recessive. A recessive gene only has an effect if both genes in a pair are recessive. An example is eye color. Altho...
- Starting SolidsWhen Should You Introduce Cereal to Your Infant?It's hard to know when your baby is ready for cereals and other solid foods. We got a doctor to weigh in on exactly when to start solids. ...
- BabiesStaff Tips: 5 Essentials for Baby's First YearCheck out our video for more details and hacks using our top five baby essentials! "My basement is full of doodads that failed the first-year test -- fancy diaper pails, digital this-and-that, and don't even get me started on peepee teepees." ...Laurie Mega
- BabiesBuilding Your Baby’s Wardrobe from ScratchThere are many daunting things about becoming a parent for the first time. You work your hardest to keep your kids safe, eating healthy and living a happy life. Agonizing about your children’s wardrobes shouldn’t be your biggest concern. If y...Amanda Light
- Soothing BabyHow to Soothe a Crying BabyWe all know that babies cry. But when your little one starts to sob, you just want to figure out a way to make it right. First, do a round of checks. Are they cold? Do they need a diaper change? Are they sick? If they're still inconsolable, try...Rebecca Desfosse
- ChokingTop 9 Choking FoodsAccording to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), one child dies every five days from choking on food, making it the leading cause of death in children ages 14 and under. The AAP is calling for the food industry to change the design and labe...Lindsay Hutton
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Weaning5 Tips for How to Wean Your Baby from the Bottle or BreastHow to wean your baby is a hot topic among moms, but what's the best way to do it? There are two important factors to consider when weaning from the bottle or breast: your baby's nutritional needs and their emotional needs. Leigh Anne O'Connor i...Laura Richards