The Best Baby Proofing Products of 2023
When your baby becomes mobile, it’s such an exciting time. However, given the natural curiosity of a growing baby, safety is crucial! That’s why we have compiled a list of the best baby-proofing products of this year so you can find exactly what you need to protect your little one from injury.
Editor's Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That's why we're dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Our Top Picks for This Year
Best Baby Gate: Summer Infant Extra Wide and Extra Tall Baby Gate
Best Cabinet Locks: Munchkin XtraGuard Dual Action Multi-Use Latches
Best Outlet Covers: Safety 1st Plug Protectors
Best Corner Guards: Roving Cove Corner Protectors
Best Furniture Anchors: QT Baby Anti-Tip Furniture Wall Anchors
Baby gates are the best way to keep your wandering baby from entering a room that they shouldn’t be in, as well as restricting access to the outdoors and stairs. Below are two different baby safety gates that parents are loving right now.
Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Baby Gate
There are so many reasons why parents love this baby gate. It is easy to open and close, easy to install, and is nice to your wallet!
- It expands to fit larger spaces
- It’s budget-friendly
- It’s great for babies up to 24 months, and pets!
- It includes multiple safety lock features
- You need extra hardware to use it with stairs
- The door opening is a little bit narrow
Summer Infant Extra Wide and Extra Tall Baby Gate
At 38 inches tall, this is one of the tallest baby gates on the market. It also fits spaces up to 53 inches wide, making it very versatile. Even though it’s a little bit pricey, it is well worth it for the size and features.
- It has an auto-close feature and a hold-open mechanism
- It’s ideal for toddlers and pets
- It has a built-in door stopper to prevent swinging
- You can open and close it with one hand
- It’s not very budget-friendly
The main purpose of cabinet locks is to keep your little one from handling unsafe objects. This could include sharp objects such as knives, cleaning products, trash, medicine, and more. Here are the two locks that seem to be the most popular among parents right now:
Munchkin XtraGuard Dual Action Multi-Use Latches
These locks aren’t just for cabinets. The multipurpose latches can be used on things like toilet seats, drawers, and appliances like the stove or refrigerator. It’s very affordable which means you can buy as many as you need!
- Adhesive backing makes them easy to remove and doesn’t damage furniture
- Flexible strap for use around corners
- Dual button operation makes it difficult for babies and small children to operate
- Once removed they need to be replaced due to the adhesive backing
Safety 1st Adhesive Magnetic Lock System
These magnetic locks are unique and are great for curious children. They have a mechanism that is attached to the inside of the cabinet door or drawer and a magnetic key, which is the only way the latch can be unlocked.
- The mechanism is out of sight and out of reach
- There are options for different size sets that you can purchase
- It’s easy to install with 3m adhesive backings and no damage to your furniture
- Even though they disengage after periods of non-use and can also be manually disengaged, you need to be sure to not misplace the magnetic key, or it can’t be unlocked.
Covers for electrical outlets are a great way to keep your child safe. They prevent them from sticking their little fingers or toys where they shouldn’t be. We chose two different kinds of plug covers that have several positive reviews from parents.
Safety 1st Plug Protectors
These are a great deal when it comes to outlet protectors. They require zero installation, they are cheap, and they are very effective. You can’t go wrong if you choose to purchase these.
- They are removable and reusable
- They are budget-friendly
- This pack has 36 which provides you with extras if needed
- They cover two or three-prong outlets
- None we could find!
Zia Self Closing Outlet Cover
These outlet covers are very unique and growing in popularity at the moment among parents who are childproofing their homes. They replace your current outlet covers and are easy to install. Let’s talk about the features that are the most appealing to parents of small children.
- You don’t need to remove anything to use the electrical outlet
- It automatically closes once the plug is removed from the outlet
- They don’t need to be removed once your child gets older
- Even though they are easy to install, they take a little work and don’t fit uniquely shaped or sized electrical outlets
Once your toddler can stand, cruise, and walk, it is more important than ever to keep them safe. You will need to protect their tiny heads, shoulders, elbows, or whatever body part that might come into contact with the corner of the table. Below are different types of corner guards that are selling well among parents.
Roving Corner Protectors
These corner protectors are made of heavy-duty non-toxic foam, which softens the impact. They are easy to install with 3m adhesive backings, which means zero tools are needed and they will stay put.
- They are BPA and phthalate-free as well as flame-resistant
- They are budget-friendly
- They are high density which helps with softening bumps against furniture
- They are not reusable
CalMyotis Corner Protectors
These are different compared to most adhesive corner guards. They are made of premium PVC so they are shockproof and bite-proof. Many parents turn to these when it comes to child safety!
- They are clear and discreet
- They have a tight and secure fit
- They don’t leave behind damage or residue when removed
- They are a little bit difficult to remove!
One of the biggest concerns among parents is tipping furniture. Dressers, TV stands, and other pieces of furniture that aren’t nailed to a wall or fitted can be dangerous to curious toddlers. The furniture anchors below are tried and tested, giving you peace of mind.
QT Baby Anti-Tip Furniture Wall Anchors
These strong and sturdy anchors are perfect for heavy furniture in your home. The screws and anchors go into the wall while the adhesive backings are for the piece of furniture, preventing damage.
- They can withstand the tension of up to 110 lbs
- There is nothing loose, such as straps, to tug on
- They have a 100% guarantee that provides no-questions-asked returns
- None we could find!
Safety 1st TV and Furniture Safety Straps
These are made to secure your TV in place to prevent tipping. There are several ways to use these safety straps, and they get great reviews from parents.
- You can secure the TV to the wall
- You can secure the TV to the TV stand or dresser it sits on
- These can’t be used for other furniture
Was this article helpful?
Stefanie is an experienced parenting writer and has published works in other publications such as Motherly.