popular topics in babies and toddlers
- Entertainment and ActivitiesThe Top 5 Indoor Activities for ToddlersFall is here, and the weather is getting dodgier by the day. Before you know it, cool nights will give way to cooler days, then rain and snow. No longer will you be able to throw open the back door and let your little one run free, or take a jaun...Laurie Mega
- Fear of the Dark15 Books to Help Kids Overcome Their FearsChildhood can bring a lot of phobias and anxiety — fear of the dark, or thunder, or monsters, or going to the doctor, or the potty, or school, or the dentist... Eek! So here's a list of great children's books to help kids cure their inner w...
- Playdough6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Weaning5 Tips for How to Wean Your Baby from the Bottle or BreastHow to wean your baby is a hot topic among moms, but what's the best way to do it? There are two important factors to consider when weaning from the bottle or breast: your baby's nutritional needs and their emotional needs. Leigh Anne O'Connor i...Laura Richards
- TwinsHaving Twins: A Day in the Life of MomI will never forget the day my husband went back to work after I had twins. Our boys were preemies and were in the NICU for a while. When they were released, life went back to normal. Wait, no, not normal. Normal went out the window, especially f...Laura Richards
- Babies and Toddlers7 Must-Have Breastfeeding Supplies for Nursing MomsCongratulations on making the decision to breastfeed your new baby. Not only can breast milk help prevent your baby from developing illnesses later in life, but it also contains the exact proportions of protein, fat, sugar, and water that your ba...Kelly Sundstrom
- ClayHomemade Clay RecipesUse the following recipes to make clay that can be rolled or shaped into sculptures. Some clays should be dried overnight, while others are best baked in an oven. When hard, sculptures can be decorated and preserved with acrylic paint or finish. ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Babies and Toddlers6 Strategies to Help Prevent Meltdowns and TantrumsThis past week I took my two-year-old to Dunkin Donuts for his favorite treat, a chocolate frosted donut. We had spent the morning at the library with my sister-in-law and her son (who is also 2). Since they played nicely, we decided to reward th...
- Babies and ToddlersBabyproofing Your Rental Home or Apartment: Special Circumstances to ConsiderIf you’re like most new parents, you’ve been thinking about that all-important babyproofing to-do list from the moment you brought your new baby home. You may be prepped and ready to go with dozens of electrical-outlet covers and baby gates, ...Libby McMillan Henson
- Kids3 Essential Tips to Survive a Long Plane Ride with Your ChildrenAirplane travel with kids can be easy and fun for the whole family. Not long ago, in the days before electronic devices were allowed to be used during takeoff and seat backs featured televisions with built-in video games, you had to pack a huge b...Cara J. Stevens
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- Babies and ToddlersThe Pros of Having Your Baby Sleep in a BoxNew Jersey recently became the first in the U.S. to launch a universal Baby Box program, which, according to research, reduces infant mortality rates, including Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Syndrome. (SUIDS). According to NPR, Alabama and Ohio ...Rachel Sokol
- Babies and Toddlers7 Tricks to Get Your Toddler to Eat His VeggiesToddlers and tomatoes just don't go together. Or, do they? Figuring out how to get your toddler to eat his vegetables is a tricky science that parents have been experimenting with for centuries. Next time your little one has a blow up at the sigh...Angela Tague
- Babies and ToddlersWhich Method of Birth Control is Right For You?Finding the right birth control can seem a bit overwhelming-- after all, there are more than 20 methods to prevent pregnancy. Before making your decision, it's important to research options and educate yourself and your partner. We're here to inf...Courtney Key
- Toddler NutritionTwo-Year-Old Refuses to EatTwo-and-a-half-year-olds really want to have control over something -- and what they eat is the number one control issue. ...
- Book FinderBook FinderFind our top picks for the best books of the year!familyeducation editors
- Babies and ToddlersDecoding Your Baby's Cries: How to Figure Out What She NeedsSuddenly, your baby starts wailing. Is she hungry? Overtired? In pain? Or does she just need to let out some steam? Figuring out the source of babies' cries can be tough, especially for first-time parents. Here's everything you need to know about...Rebecca Desfosse