Rachel is a NY-based mom of two daughters and a nationally-published writer. She has a degree in magazine journalism from Emerson College, and contributes editorial content to FamilyEducation.com as well as SHAPE, Univision, Pregnancy&Newborn, Reader's Digest, MommyNearest, Red Tricycle, Redbook.com, New York Metro Parents, Verywell Family, and more.
- TeensTalking to Teens About Sexual Misconduct and Consent Before They Go Away to CollegeJust before your teenager heads off to college, you should have “the talk” with them. Nope, not the SEX talk. There’s a pretty good chance they already know about that 3-letter word. We mean the consent talk; meaning ways to tell the opposi...Rachel Sokol
- Summer VacationHow to Use Your Family Vacation to Spark Inspiration and Learning in KidsHave kids, will travel. Just like backpacks, kids can be transported from one place to another. (Although chances are, unlike your kids, your backpack doesn’t whine, “I’m bored!” or “I’m hungry!”) Family vacations can be more than j...Rachel Sokol
- Mom's CornerI Don't Let Hateful Mom Gossip and Cliques Bring Me DownHigh school feels like it was SO long ago, right? Well, for many parents, this is true. However, when it comes to ‘Mom cliques’ it may also feel like high school never ended. As much as we teach our children about bullying and respect, we too...Rachel Sokol
- AuthorsPinkalicious Author Victoria Kann Spills on Everything From Her Next Book to MotherhoodNew Yorker Victoria Kann is a staunch literacy advocate, and with good reason. She’s the writer and illustrator of the best-selling children’s book series, Pinkalicious, which spent over 100 days on the New York Times Bestseller list and ha...Rachel Sokol
- PregnancyHow Tall Will My Baby Be? A Genetic ExplanationWhen a soon-to-be-parent learns they’re expecting a child, their brains go into overdrive—including wondering what—or who!—their child will look like. Brown hair? Blonde hair? Red hair? No hair? Which may trickle into pondering about heig...Rachel Sokol
- TeensA Parent's To-Do List for the Summer Before Your Teen Heads Off to CollegeThe summer before your teen heads off to college for the first time seems to fly by faster than any previous summers! Once your teen has committed to the school of their choice—and continues to deny they have “Senioritis”—it’s time for ...Rachel Sokol