Laura Richards is a writer, journalist, communications, brand, and PR specialist with 20+ years of experience. She’s also a mother of four so understands the joys and struggles of parenting. Laura has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, The Boston Globe Magazine, Reader's Digest, Martha Stewart Living, Woman's Day, Redbook, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful, and is a frequent Family Education contributor.
- PregnancyQueen Elizabeth Hates The Word "Pregnant", Here's Why:Rarely do we learn of behind closed doors, insider intel on what the Queen of England really thinks but we’ve got an interesting little tidbit about the one word she absolutely hates. There are many words we can imagine the British Monarch wou...Laura Richards
- Entertainment and ActivitiesThe Best TV Moms We Could All Learn a Lesson From//--> As kids, TV provided some of the first glimpses of the different kinds of moms out there. Some were pictures of idealized perfection and some were more realistic. Who doesn’t love to peek into other families and see what connection we...Laura Richards
- Family LifeWhat Do Your Top 3 Emojis Say About You?What goes around comes around and that’s true for ancient hieroglyphics because let’s face it, emojis are the modern-day hieroglyph, right? They’re perfect to get a message across quickly plus they save you from those epic microphone speech...Laura Richards
- Family LifeAn Open Letter to Grandparents: That Was Then, This is NowDear Grandparents, First and foremost, we love you. That is a given, and our kids are blessed to have you in their lives. We are doing our best as parents and appreciate everything that you do, yet there are some sticking points that are hard to...Laura Richards
- Mom's CornerWill You Survive Dropping Your Child at Daycare or Kindergarten for the First Time?The day I put my twins on a school bus for their first day of Kindergarten was wrenching. They couldn’t even see out the window they were so small. I got into my car, turned on the radio and heard the Fleetwood Mac song Landslide and burst into...Laura Richards
- Mother's DayWhen Mother's Day Is HardMother’s Day is usually a day of togetherness, a day of family and celebrating Mom. But it's not a happy day for everyone. For those who have lost a child, lost their mother or are estranged from their mother, it's a tough day to get through. ...Laura Richards