Spring is (finally!) here! Celebrate the warmer weather and longer days by creating this easy butterfly mobile spring craft, using construction paper and colored tissue paper.
- black construction paper cut to various sizes
- colored tissue paper
- needle and thread
- paste or glue
- reeds, straws, or sticks to suspend the butterflies
- Fold two pieces of the black construction paper in half, widthwise. Starting and ending on the folded side of your paper, cut out the shape of a butterfly.
- While your shape is still folded in half, cut out decorative sections and holes from your wings.
- Unfold your shape and add glue or paste to one side of one shape.
- Add colored tissue paper, and then lay the other shape on top so they line up perfectly.
- When the glue is dry, trim the tissue paper to the shape of your butterfly.
- Using the needle and thread, attach your butterflies to your sticks to create a pretty mobile.
For more spring crafts, visit check out our Crafts and Activities page.