- Are you beginning to learn new material during class?
- Are you keeping up with your classwork and homework?
- Are you outlining or taking notes when you read textbooks and do you listen in class?
- Do you follow a study schedule?
- Are you reviewing frequently for each class?
- Are you listening carefully when the teacher describes what will be on a test?
- Are you studying what you don't know rather than what you already know?
- Are you learning the key terms in chapters in preparation for tests?
- Are you reading summaries and answering all end-of-the chapter questions before tests?
- Are you spending enough time studying for tests?
After your daughter has completed the quiz, you will both have a good understanding of how well she is preparing for tests. Any questions that she answered "no" are areas that you can work on with her.
Once your daughter has learned how to prepare for tests, success is not guaranteed unless she really knows how to take tests. Have her answer the following questions to see if she is doing all the right things whenever she takes a test:
- Are you arriving in class early with the correct supplies on test days?
- Are you staying calm during tests?
- Are you looking over the entire test before starting it?
- Are you reading each set of directions carefully?
- Are you budgeting your time during the test?
- Are you answering the questions you know first?
- Are you checking your answers when you have time?