Everything You Need to Know About Clearblue Pregnancy Tests
When you take a pregnancy test, you want an accurate result. With so many different types of pregnancy tests on the market, it can be hard to decide which test kit is the best home pregnancy test for you.
Clearblue is among the brands that have several different types of pregnancy tests on the market. Whether you’re choosing an early result pregnancy test or a different type after you have a missed period, Clearblue has a pregnancy test for every woman who wants to know if she should be preparing for motherhood.
We’re going to tell you about several different types of Clearblue pregnancy tests, so you can decide which one best suits your needs.
Types of Clearblue Pregnancy Tests
Digital Ultra Early Pregnancy Test
If you want an early pregnancy result, the Digital Ultra Clearblue pregnancy test could be one to keep on your radar. Here’s what it has to offer:
- You can get results 6 days before your missed period. But remember that 78% of pregnancies can be detected 6 days before your missed period, while 99% are detected 4 days before your missed period. This is why it’s important to keep track of your period and when you were expecting it.
- This is Clearblue’s most sensitive digital pregnancy test as it detects the pregnancy hormone hCG with a sensitivity of 10mIU/ml.
- The ergonomic design makes it easy to use in your urine stream. It also has a unique stop light that flashes to tell you when you have enough of the urine sample. This is a great little perk when you’re trying to catch your urine midstream!
- The results are easy to read with a simple “pregnant” or “not pregnant” on the stick. There’s no waiting to read any lines.
Ultra Early Pregnancy Test
If you don’t want to go the digital route but still want an early pregnancy test that produces a 99% accurate result, the Ultra Early Pregnancy Test may be one to try. This one uses test sticks with a clear and simple result. Two lines if you’re pregnant and one line if you’re not. Here are some other highlights:
- Use this pregnancy test up to six days before your missed period.
- This test has an ergonomic design, a longer, curved stick, and a wide color-changing tip.
- There is also a unique FloodguardTM Technology that helps to reduce reading errors.
Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator
This test is not only a pregnancy indicator but can also tell you how many weeks since conception occurred. Many people like to have this information when they’re taking a pregnancy test and it comes back positive. The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate in detecting when you conceived. This Clearblue combo pack also has these benefits:
- It detects the hormone levels to determine if the pregnancy hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin) is present with over 9% accuracy from the day of your expected period.
- You can test up to 5 days before your missed period.
- Clear results give you the words pregnant or not pregnant on the test screen so there’s no confusion about whether you’re expecting or not.
Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test
If you want fast results, the rapid detection pregnancy test kit from Clearblue is a good choice for you. This gives you results in just one minute from the first day you miss your period. If you’re looking at the Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test, you should also know:
- It’s over 99% accurate from the day you expect your period.
- The wide color change tip makes it easier to take the urine test because it changes from white to pink to let you know that you’ve taken the sample correctly.
- The results are easy to read with a plus for a positive test and a minus for a negative result.
Digital Early Detection Pregnancy Test
When it comes to testing early, the Digital Early Detection Pregnancy Test gives you accurate results up to 5 days before your missed period. Plus, it has some unique features.
- This is the only home pregnancy rest that has a smart countdown from start to finish to show that the pregnancy test is working correctly as it counts down to the non-pregnant or pregnant result.
- It’s over 99% accurate from the first day of your expected period.
- The digital “pregnant” or “not pregnant” results appear in words so there’s no confusion over the results.
Flip & Click Pregnancy Test
The Clearblue Flip & Click is the first and only foldable pregnancy test. The design allows the handle to flip open (and click) to a full-size test. Once the test is done, the handle folds close and you can throw it away. You can also expect these things from the Flip & Click Pregnancy Test from Clearblue.
- The extra wide tip also has a color change tip that turns pink for easy targeting.
- Within 3 minutes, you get easy-to-read results in just three minutes. A plus symbol (+) indicates a positive result and a minus symbol (-) means it is a negative result.
Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test
When you want quick results, the Clearblue Fast & Easy Pregnancy Test gives you results in two minutes. The color change tip turns from white to pink to show you the urine is being absorbed by the test strip.
This is a plus because many women can’t tell if they’ve gathered enough urine in the sample. Plus:
- The test gives you a clear plus for a positive result or a minus for a negative result.
- You can test up to 5 days before you miss your period.
- The pregnancy test is over 99% accurate from the day you expect your period.
FAQ About Clearblue Pregnancy Tests
How far along do you have to be to take a Clearblue pregnancy test?
Many Clearblue pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy 6 days sooner than your missed period. That’s 5 days before your expected period.
What does a Clearblue test tell you?
A Clearblue test will tell you if you’re pregnant or not. The pregnancy test with a weeks indicator can also tell you how many weeks since conception occurred.
How do I know if my Clearblue test is accurate?
Generally, if you’re due for your period, take a Clearblue pregnancy test, and follow the instructions carefully. You can expect an answer that is over 99% accurate. If you get a negative test result and your period is still late, take another test three days later or see your healthcare provider. Your doctor can order a blood test to check your levels of HCG to determine if you are pregnant or not.
Are there any disadvantages of Clearblue pregnancy test?
Clearblue pregnancy tests are typically 99% accurate. But human error can also lead to false results. You’ll want to carefully read the instructions of whatever test you choose to get a correct result.
The Bottom Line on Clearblue Pregnancy Tests
Clearblue offers a variety of home pregnancy tests. Whether you want one that gives you a rapid response, or one that has a digital display, there’s something for everyone as you shop for the best pregnancy test.
Whatever test you choose, you’ll want to read the specific instructions to make sure you not only take the sample correctly but that you wait the appropriate amount of time. Some people don’t wait long enough or don’t leave the sample correctly. This could give you the wrong result.
When you take a home pregnancy test, you’ll want to always follow up with your healthcare provider, especially if you get a positive result. You’ll want to have a blood test to check your hormone levels and make sure you didn’t get a false positive result.
If a doctor confirms you’re pregnant, you can start planning for your little one! If you didn’t get the result you wanted, you can always try ovulation tests to help you know when your fertile days are and the best time to conceive.
For more information about taking a pregnancy test and tracking your pregnancy, see our Guide to Finding Out You’re Pregnant.