Miscarriage Quotes That Are Real and Relatable
Have you or one of your loved ones experienced a pregnancy loss?
Miscarriage is one of the hardest experiences a person can go through. It takes a toll on both physical and mental health.
According to the Miscarriage Association, pregnancy loss can cause mental health struggles. It’s important to find ways to comfort yourself in order to find hope after miscarriages, stillbirths, and child loss.
Fortunately, words and inspirational quotes can help comfort you or a loved one. Here is a list of miscarriage quotes that are real and relatable, to let you know that you are not alone in your grief….
Miscarriage Quotes That Will Comfort You
Here are some miscarriage quotes to help you cope with your miscarriage
- “I carry your heart with me, I am never without it.” -- E.E. Cummings
- “There is no right way to grieve; there is only your way to grieve and that is different for everyone.” – Nathalie Himmelrich
- “A miscarriage is not a failure, because a failure implies that it’s something you can ‘control.’ Miscarriages are beyond our control.” – Dr. Simone Whitmore
- “We do not “get over” a death. We learn to carry the grief and interagate the loss in our lives. In our hearts, we carry those who have died. We grieve and we love. We remember.” – Nathalie Himmelrich
- “We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don’t disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms.” – Paulo Coelho
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” – A.A. Milne
- “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you’ll learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.” – David Kessler and Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Miscarriage Quotes That Will Help Explain Your Pain to Others
It is not easy to explain to people how you feel. Here are some quotes that may make it easier for you to explain yourself.
- “There is a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child that never comes.” – David Platt
- “You never arrived in my arms, but you will never leave my heart.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
- “All told, probably more women have lost a child from this world than haven’t. Most don’t mention it, and they go on from day to day as if it hadn’t happened, so people imagine a woman in this situation never really knew or loved what she had. But ask her sometime, ‘How old would your child be now? And she’ll know.'” - Barbara Kingsolver
Hopeful Miscarriage Quotes
Here are some miscarriage quotes that will give you hope to keep trying and find peace.
- “I held you every second of your life.” - Stephanie Paige Cole
- “This is not goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy.” - Nicholas Sparks
- ‘Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.’ - Yip Harburg
- “I’ll love for forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” - Robert Munsch
- “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
Inspirational Quotes to Send Someone Who Had a Miscarriage
These are some quotes that can help your loved ones overcome this heartbreak.
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” - Helen Keller
- "Babies lost in the womb were never touched by fear. They were never cold, never hungry, never alone, and importantly always knew love." - Zoe Clark-Coates
- “Grief, I’ve learned, is really love. It’s all the love you want to give but cannot give. The more you loved someone, the more you grieve. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes and in that part of your chest that gets an empty and hollow feeling. The happiness of love turns to sadness when unspent. Grief is just love with no place to go.” - Jamie Anderson
- “A mother is never defined by the number of children you can see, but by the love that she holds in her heart.”- Franchesca Cox
Quotes For a Rainbow Baby
A rainbow baby is a baby that is born after a miscarriage, a stillbirth, or an infant loss. Here are some quotes that will help you overcome the past loss and get ready for the new baby.
- “The way I see it if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” - Dolly Parton
- “When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place”. - C.S. Lewis
- “Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, as without light, nothing flowers” - May Sarton
- “Every day, you will be able to breathe a little bit deeper. Every day, you’ll love your babies—all of them—just a little bit more, until one day, that love overtakes the pain. Congratulations on your beautiful rainbow.” - Heather Spohr
- “Just as the name would suggest, the message was clear: rainbow babies are magic. I wanted that. I wanted to feel that type of deep, full-to-the-brim joy once again.” - Chaunie Brusie
Celebrity Miscarriage Quotes
Miscarriages happen to many women, and it is important that we share what we feel. Here are some quotes celebrities have said during their heartbreak.
- “I learned that all pain and loss is in fact a gift. Having miscarriages taught me that I had to mother myself before I could be a mother to someone else.” - Beyonce
- “We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before.” - Chrissy Teigen
- “I fought tooth and nail to be a mother. I suffered several miscarriages including two at five months. That’s when you have the clothes already picked out, the nursery is already painted. They ask you if you want a funeral or do you want the cremation. We went through that not once but twice, me and my husband.” - Wendy Williams
- “And for the first time, I feel like I actually I told God how I felt. And I feel, like, we’re supposed to do that. That was like a Saturday – and the Monday I went to the doctor to, like, confirm, another miscarriage. And they told me everything was great!” - Carrie Underwood
Image Source: Chrissy Teigen, Instagram
Miscarriage and child loss are some of the most difficult things a parent can go through, but healing and staying hopeful are essential. Reading quotes from others who have experienced similar losses can help you find comfort after losing your baby.
Miscarriages are very common, and everybody grieves differently. It is okay to be sad and find difficulty overcoming these hard times. Talk about the miscarriage and help yourself and others feel better.
If you found this article helpful, you may also enjoy 9 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Up About Pregnancy Loss.