popular topics in children's general health
- Children's General HealthVitamin D for Kids: It Does More than Just Keep Teeth and Bones StrongOne of the many challenges parents face on a daily basis is keeping their children in good health. When it comes to making sure kids are properly nourished, a multivitamin might be necessary. Vitamin D for kids is especially important for tooth a...Steven Auger
- Children's General HealthTreating Asthma in Kids During Asthma and Allergy Awareness MonthApril showers might bring May flowers, but it can also bring a lot of allergies. Along with an increase in allergens floating around in the air, you might also see an increase in asthma problems in your children. Throughout Asthma and Allergy Awa...Kelly Sundstrom
- Colds and FluCold and Flu Season: Are You Feeding Your Kids Right?If your kids are anything like mine, once the cold weather hits, their noses become little snot-faucets. From October to April, it's one cold after another. We've dealt with everything from sniffles to full-on respiratory infections. Cold and fl...Laurie Mega
- School and LearningConversation Starter: What Are Children's Rights?All the humans in the world have rights, which are things they deserve, such as freedom, equality and respect. Children have additional rights because they need support from others to stay safe and to grow into healthy and responsible adults. For...Deborah L. Caine
- Academic AchievementsUnder Pressure! 7 Tips for Managing School-Related AnxietyMany kids are feeling intense pressure to excel, thanks in part to changes in homework and testing, a focus on college admissions from an earlier age, plus new forms of social pressure. Feeling a bit of stress can keep kids focused and motivated ...Erin Dower
- Contagious Childhood Illnesses10 Facts You Need to Know About the Measles OutbreakSince the beginning of 2015, the measles have infected more than 150 people from 17 states, with many cases stemming from an outbreak that originated at Disneyland in California and prompting the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to issue a pr...Lindsay Hutton
- Contagious Childhood IllnessesHow Soon After Starting Antibiotics Can a Child Return to School?If your child is on antibiotics, how long do you have to wait before they can return to school? For some infections, it's 24 hours, but that's not always the case. ...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Colds and Flu7 Home Remedies to Soothe Cold and Flu SymptomsAccording to the National Institutes of Health, children get an average of 6 to 10 colds per year. Add that to flu season, and it can seem your child is always sick! Most cold and flu illnesses are viruses, meaning they can't be treated with anit...Lindsay Hutton
- Gender Differences6 Tips for Understanding and Raising a Transgender ChildLearning that your child is transgender can bring on a range of emotions — from confusion and grief to anger and fear — and will likely leave you with many questions. Will your child be safe? How will this change the dynamic of your family? M...Erin Dower
- Anxiety Disorders9 Anxiety-Busters for Kids Taking Standardized TestsTest day jitters are striking earlier than ever. In most states, standardized testing aligned with the Common Core begins in second or third grade, but a few states administer standardized tests as early as kindergarten. Many children experience ...Erin Dower
- Losing Baby TeethRemoving a Child's Loose ToothRemoving a Child's Loose Tooth There are times when a loose tooth is perfectly normal. Losing teeth is a rite of passage: baby teeth fall out, and adult teeth begin to peek through the gums. Ouch! Be sure to check the area where the tooth has b...
- Keeping Kids HealthyBusted! 6 Truths About Childhood MythsDo you really need to wait an hour before swimming? Can you go outside with wet hair? Did you ever wonder if any of these myths were true? Find out the answers to all your pressing childhood questions! ...Lindsay Hutton
- Sleep SchedulesRecommended Sleep Needs By AgeUse this printable guide to help determine if your child is getting enough sleep as recommended by the National Sleep Foundation. ...Lindsay Hutton
- Sleep Schedules6 Tricks to Help Your Toddler or Preschooler Go to Bed (and Stay There!)Has bedtime turned into an all-out battle of wills between you and your child? If getting your little one to sleep has become a nightly struggle, or if sleep is elusive now that he's in a new big-kid bed, has a new sibling, or had another big cha...Lindsay Hutton
- Illnesses and DiseasesMucus in Infant's EyesMucus in the eyes may indicate dacrostenosis, which is a blockage of the tear ducts. ...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Parenting Tools PrintablesBedtime Routine Checklist for Older KidsBed Time Routine for Older Kids ...