This Valentine's Day art project will help build your preschooler's coordination.
- Poster board or heavy construction paper in valentine colors (white, pink, red, purple)
- Hole punch
- Ribbon in contrasting colors
- Photo of your child (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Magnet (optional)
- Cut a large heart shape out of poster board or heavy construction paper.
- Punch an even number of holes around the outside edge of the heart.
- Tape one end of a ribbon between two holes, leaving an inch or two free to make a bow later, and show your child how to weave the ribbon through the holes, starting at either the bottom or top of the heart.
- Tie the ends in a bow.
- Help your child write a valentine's message on the heart.
- If you like, glue a photo of your child to the front of the heart and a magnet to the back.