This game gives your preschool child practice with telling analog time.
In these days of digital everything, your child may not see many conventional clocks, but telling time the "old way" is still a skill she should learn.
- Colored construction paper
- Paper plate
- Paper fastener
- Crayon, pen, or marker
- Make a play clock for your child to practice telling time.
- Cut big and little hands out of colored construction paper and attach them to a paper plate with a paper fastener.
- Using a crayon, pen, or marker, number the clock appropriately.
- Your child can move the hands around the clock as she learns the basics of telling time.
- Most young children will not learn all the details of telling time--to the quarter hour, to the minute, and so on--but, if they know their numbers up to twelve, they can certainly learn to tell time on the hour and maybe even on the half hour.