- Thin foam
- Empty paper towel or toilet paper roll
- Tempera paint, liquid
- Shallow pan
- Paper or a cut-open brown paper bag
- Cut out some interesting shapes from thin pieces of foam.
- Stars are nice, or make hearts, Christmas trees, or other season-appropriate shapes.
- Glue the shapes onto empty paper towel or toilet paper rolls.
- Pour some liquid tempera paint into a shallow pan big enough to fit the paper roll.
- Dip the "roller" into the paint, then roll onto a sheet of paper or cutopen brown paper bag.
- For a variation on this, use a real foam paint roller.
- At even intervals, tie the roller with string.
- This will make stripes when dipped in paint and pressed on paper.
- Or cut chunks out of the roller to make a thick solid pattern with holes in it.