Activity for an individual child
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 20 minutes
- 6 paper plates
- Red, yellow, and blue cellophane
- White craft glue
Here is a way for your child to truly see the world through rose-colored lenses or through lenses of any other color. This activity can also serve as an introductory lesson on mixing colors.
- Put two paper plates together and cut a hole in the center about the size of a plum.
- Cut a piece of colored cellophane slightly larger than the hole.
- Glue the cellophane to the top of one plate to cover the hole.
- Set the second plate on top of the first and help your child glue them together. Now you have a rainbow disc for your child to look through.
- Repeat these steps to make two more discs in the remaining colors. Show your child how to overlap the discs to create new colors.