This advanced hopscotch game is great for building your child's coordination and sense of balance.
- One marker (small chain, coin, or stone) per player
- Use chalk to draw an airplane hopscotch court.
- One player stands in the home space.
- He tosses his marker into space one, hops on one foot over space one and into space two, hops in spaces three and four at the same time, hops on one foot in space five, hops in spaces six and seven at the same time, and hops on one foot into space eight.
- He turns around and hops back in the same way to space two, where he picks up his marker.
- Then he hops into space one and the home space.
- He turns around and tosses his marker into space two and hops in the same way until he fouls out (hops on a line, puts both feet down when he's supposed to be hopping on one foot, or misses his target when tossing his marker).
- The players take turns tossing and hopping in the same way.
- When a player takes a new turn, he starts hopping from where he fouled out on his last turn.
- The first player to finish the entire sequence of tosses and hops through space eight is the winner.