This activity provides the kind of visual cues that get most children moving at top speed.
- 10 minutes
- Brightly colored ribbon
- This activity provides visual cues that will get most children moving at top speed. Cut the ribbon in 2-foot lengths and tie it to trees, doors, a water hose, etc.
- At the word go, run from ribbon to ribbon, touching each one.
- Let your child suggest objects to tie the ribbons to.
- Let your child give the directions about which ribbon to run to first.
- Use different colors of ribbons and give sequenced running directions by color.