In this activity, children use the first letter of their first name to create a sign for hanging on their bedroom door.
- White and black paper
- Colored pen
- Metallic pen (optional)
- White chalk
You are going to make a sign to hang on your door using the first letter of your name or your entire name. Be as creative as you can designing your letter shapes. You may want to look at a calligraphy book for ideas.
- Draw your large letter on the white paper.
- Once you like the way your letter looks, cut it out and glue it onto the black paper.
- Using the colored pens, color the letters in.
- Use the metallic pen or a light color to outline the letter.
- Take the white chalk and make a decorative design on the black paper.
- If you really like the sign, glue it to a piece of plywood and paint over it with clear acrylic.