With this menorah, you can add all of the flames at once, or have your child add a flame on each night of the holiday.
Table of contents
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 20 minutes
- 8 toilet paper tubes
- 1 paper towel tube
- White craft glue
- 1 piece of cardboard 8" x 11"
- Holiday gift wrap scraps
- Yellow or orange tissue paper
With this menorah, you can add all of the flames at once or have your child add a flame on each night of the holiday.
- Cut four 1/4-inch-long slits on one end of each tube. Fold these tabs back. Arrange the tubes on the cardboard-the tall tube in the center and four smaller tubes on each side. Glue in place.
- Have your child glue the wrapping paper on the tubes for decoration. Encourage her to make the tall one (Shamash) stand out from the others.
- Show your child how to crinkle a square of the tissue paper and stuff it into the top of a tube to represent a candle flame. Start with the center candle and do the same for all of the others.