You and your child will have fun making this handsome spider. All you need is a bit of yarn and some googly eyes.
- Black yarn
- Small square of cardboard
- Black pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Red construction paper (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Wind black yarn around a small square of cardboard, top to bottom, until the cardboard is very heavily and snugly covered.
- Tie a small piece of yarn securely around the middle of the yarn and the cardboard. (This piece should be tied fairly tightly, but not knotted, as it will be tightened after the cardboard is removed.)
- Using scissors, cut the yarn horizontally at both ends of the cardboard.
- Remove the cardboard, then tighten and knot the piece of yarn in the middle; it now forms the center of the pom-pom.
- Insert three pipe cleaners into the knotted center, and bend to form legs.
- You may have to trim the yarn to form a nice, even ball.
- Glue on googly eyes, if you like, or cut eyes out of red construction paper and glue them onto the pom-pom.
- Use thread or yarn to hang your spider from the doorway or in the window.