In this activity, you will teach your child about differences in physical appearance.
- 15 to 30 minutes
- Magazines that can be cut up
- Thin cardboard
- Cut out large pictures of eyes, noses, and mouths from the magazines.
- Paste together new faces and share what each one tells you.
- Store the faces in a folder and when your child is experiencing strong emotions, bring them out and match them to the child's mood, talking about what is felt.
- Talk about the different ways that people look, including hair, skin color, and size.