Craft your own nonpermanent crayons for your child to color on himself and the wall while he bathes.
Makes 12 crayons
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- 1 cup soap flakes or powder
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Washable tempera paint
- Ice cube trays or small Dixie cups (for molds)
This activity combines an opportunity for creative expression with bathtub fun. Your child can use these crayons to draw on the tile or on himself!
- Mix soap and water together to make a stiff dough that can hold its own shape. Add more soap powder or water as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Divide the mixture into three or four balls. Add a few drops of paint to each portion to create desired colors.
- Press mixture into molds and let set for a few days before using.