This fitness activity challenges a child to dribble a basketball around obstacles.
- Make an obstacle course outside using outdoor furniture, small garbage cans, or floor mats.
- Make sure there is space between them.
- If indoors, clear a space around the furniture or build your obstacle course in the garage.
- Dribble the basketball around the obstacles, adjusting them to suit your ability and fitness level.
- Try dribbling with the other hand or alternating hands.
- Also try dribbling low and dribbling at waist height.
- You can even try some of the fancy moves you see the professional basketball players use when dribbling.
- When you are finished with your dribbling workout, remember to put all the furniture and obstacles away or back where you found them.