If your toddler is curious about sounds, the clothespin drop is a great rainy-day activity for her.
Table of contents
- Clean plastic milk jug with lid (1/2-gallon or 1-gallon size)
- 6--8 clothespins
- Put the clothespins in the jug and screw on the lid.
- Your toddler will enjoy shaking the jug with the clothespins inside.
- Show her how to remove the lid (or do it for her if she can't quite do it on her own), shake the clothespins out, then drop them back in again one by one.
- For variety, try using a couple of spoons in place of clothespins.
- They make an interesting sound when the jug is shaken.