Cut out car pictures from magazines, and make a car book with your toddler.
Table of contents
- Old magazines
- Construction paper
- Clear contact paper
- Hole punch
- Look through old magazines for pictures of cars or other vehicles.
- Cut out the pictures and glue them to pieces of construction paper.
- Protect the pages by covering them with clear contact paper.
- Punch two or three holes in the left margin of each page, then thread ribbon through the holes to make a book. (If you like, use a ring binder or staple the pages together.)
- Give your child her car book to look through as you drive along.
- Ask her questions as she looks at the pages.
- For example, "Can you find a blue car?" or "Can you find a truck?" and so on.