This activity is sure to surprise and interest your child. Watch his expression when he sees the color of the gelatin change, as colored ice cubes melt in it.
- 10 to 15 minutes
- Package of lemon gelatin
- Red or blue food coloring
- A surprise is in store when your toddler helps you with this gelatin recipe. Freeze water that has been colored and add the colored cubes to the gelatin during preparation, following package directions for using ice instead of water.
- Use red cubes to make the gelatin orange and blue cubes to make it green.
- Talk about what happens as the colors change.
- Divide the lemon gelatin into three bowls so you can leave some yellow and turn the other servings orange and green. Let set and spoon into dishes for a rainbow treat.
- Find fruit that matches the color of gelatin and add it to the mix before it sets.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.