The 15 Best Sleds for Kids in 2022
Getting to go outside and play in the snow is one of the most loved winter activities. Kids, adults, and toddlers love having the chance to ride down a hill on a fun sled. If you’re looking for something fun to do with the family this winter, why not pull out a sled and hit the slopes? Once your kids feel the cold wind on their face as they soar over fields of snow, they’ll want to do this every weekend!
Sled options have changed a ton since the days of wooden planks and cafeteria trays. Modern sleds are more comfortable, safer, and designed for certain ages and skill levels. From inflatable sled options to comfy foam sleds to plastic snow tubes and multi-seaters, there are more winter sport gear choices than ever.
Ready for some fun in the snow? Below you will find the 15 best sleds for kids in 2021 and 2022 that are not only fun but safe and durable, too! We broke them down into categories to make it easier for you to find the perfect snow sled.
Editor's Note: We know raising kids can be challenging. That's why we're dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We want to let you know that if you choose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Our Top Picks
- The Best Toboggan for Extreme Sledding: Slippery Racer Downhill Xtreme Toboggan
- The Best Sporty Sled: Franklin Sports Kids Toboggan Sled
- The Best Inflatable Sled: LIFECHOIC Inflatable Snowmobile
- The Best Ski Scooter: Geospace LED Ski Scooter
- The Best Luge Sled: Zipfy Freestyle Mini Luge Snow Sled
- The Best Cute Sled Option: GoFloats Winter Snow Tube
- The Best Wooden Sled for Toddlers: Flexible Flyer Premium Wooden Baby Sleigh
- The Best Snow Flyer for Kids: Paricon Flexible Flyer Round Disc Snow Sled Toboggan
- The Best Pull Sled: Gizmo Riders Toddler Sled
- The Best Snow Saucer: L.L. Bean Sonic Snow Saucer DLX
- The Best Sled with Hand Grips: Paricon Flexible Flyer Round Disc Snow Sled Toboggan
- The Best Snow Tube: Glintoper Winter Snow Tube
- The Best Racing Sled: Slippery Racer Downhill Pro Saucer Disc Snow Sled
- The Best Tandem Sled: L.L. Bean Tandem Pull Sled
- The Best Two-Person Sled: Flexible Flyer Snow Screamer 2-Person Snow Sled
How We Chose Our Favorites
We consulted with experts, parents, and most importantly, real kids to get the lowdown on the best gifts for six to ten-year-old kids. We also tapped into these experts' advice to find out which brands were best and easily available on Amazon.
A toboggan is just a simple sled that was first used as a means of transportation by people in Northern Canada. We use them for recreational purposes during winter as a fun way to get outside and play.
Non-Traditional Snow Sleds
These kids' sleds are from the normal saucer sleds and toboggans that you are used to seeing, but that's what makes them so cool. There are several types of sleds beyond the common ones and the ones below are some of the best out there right now.
Baby and Toddler Sleds
These are the best snow sleds for babies and toddlers. You have to make sure that they can join in on the winter fun too. They're all a high-quality, comfortable ride that you can trust will keep your young children safe.
Snow Saucers are the most recognizable style sleds. They are round like discs and are usually inflatable or hard plastic. Let's talk about the best ones this winter.
Like many snow tubes, this one has grip handles to give you or your child something to hold onto while they are sledding. These do not have two ropes like toboggans do but are super lightweight. This way it can be carried easily home and up the hill. Plus, this L.L. Bean snow saucer is made of polyethylene making it both durable and fast.
Tandem sleds are made for multiple riders. The two listed below are the most popular tandem sleds for kids that we found. If you are looking for a sled for your children to ride together, then you are in the right place.
I like the design of this wooden sled. It's a great choice if you have two young children at home. It is a little heavier than other sleds since it's made of hardwood, but it is still easy to transport with the pull rope. The high backs are also great for safety, and parents love that their little ones feel secure while you are pulling them around.