Meaning and Origin of: Rocker
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Rock fortress
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : occupational name for a spinner or a maker of distaffs, from an agent derivative of Middle English rok ‘distaff’ (see Rock).
- German : from a Germanic personal name based on hrōd ‘renown’.
- habitational name from a farm named Rokken in Pustertal, south Tyrol (Italy).
- German (Röcker) : from a topographic name or a place name Röcke (formerly Roke) near Bückeburg, Lower Saxony.