Girl name origins & meanings
- Korean : From the moon; letters
Family name origins & meanings
- Irish : Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Mocháin (see Mohan).
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from Moyon in La Manche, named from the Gallo-Roman personal name Modius (from Latin modus ‘measure’) + the locative suffix -o (genitive -onis).
- English : nickname from Anglo-Norman French moun ‘monk’ (see Monk).
- Cornish : nickname for a slender person, from Cornish mon ‘thin’.
- Korean : variant of Mun.