Girl name origins & meanings
- French : Without good fortune
- German : Army counselor
- Scottish : Armored chief
- Hebrew : Bitter; rebellion
- Greek : Gentle one; honey
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings
- English : Strong, little warrior, rowdy
Family name origins & meanings
- Irish : variant spelling of Malley, shortened form of O’Malley.
- French : from Old French mal(l)ier ‘coach horse’, ‘draught horse’, ‘pack horse’, hence a metonymic occupational name for a coachman, a carter, or a carrier.