Family name origins & meanings
- English (Somerset) : habitational name from Look in Puncknowle, Dorset, named in Old English with lūce ‘enclosure’.
- English : possibly a variant of Luck 3.
- Northern English and Scottish : from a vernacular pet form of Lucas.
- Dutch (van Look) : topographic name from look ‘enclosure’ or habitational name from a place named with this word.
- Thomas Look (b. c. 1622) was in Lynn, MA, by 1646. His son, also called Thomas (b. 1646), moved to Martha’s Vineyard about 1670.