Meaning and Origin of: Lind
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Linden tree
- German : Mountain of linden trees
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Scandinavian, English, Dutch, and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : topographic name for someone who lived by a lime tree, Middle English lind. As a Jewish and Swedish name, it is often of ornamental origin.
- South German, and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : nickname for a gentle, tolerant man, from Middle High German lint, linde ‘gentle’, ‘mild’.
- North German and Danish : habitational name from any of various places named with Lind ‘lime tree’.