Boy name origins & meanings
- Greek : People of victory; diminutive of Nicholas
- German : Victorious people
- Greek : Victorious people
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- Variant spelling of German Klaus, which is from a popular personal name, a reduced form of Nikolaus (see Nicholas). This spelling is also found in Dutch.
- Occitan : topographic name for someone who lived by an enclosure of some sort, such as a courtyard or farmyard, from Late Latin clausum ‘enclosure’, ‘closed’, originally the past participle of claudere ‘to close’.