Girl name origins & meanings
- Old English : Stream
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : Stream; brook
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Brooks
Family name origins & meanings
- English : from the possessive case of Brook (i.e. ‘of the brook’).
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : Americanized form of one or more like-sounding Jewish surnames.
- Americanized spelling of German Brucks.
- This name was brought independently to North America from England by numerous different bearers from the 17th century onward. Among them were William Brooks, who brought the name to Scituate, MA, from Kent, England, in 1635, and Henry Brooks, who came to Woburn, MA, in or before 1649.