Family name origins & meanings
- Indian (Gujarat) : Muslim name based on the name of a Muslim community in Gujarat. It is believed to be a derivative of Sanskrit vyavahāra ‘trade’. However, only one subgroup of the Boras is engaged in trade.
- Indian (Assam) : Hindu name of unknown meaning.
- Romanian : from a feminine form of Boro, a short form of the personal name Boris.
- Polish : from a pet form of the personal names Borzysław or Bolebor.
- Hungarian : variant of Bara, a short form of the personal name Barabás, Hungarian form of Barnaby.