Find Baby Names
All baby boy names that start with the letter C
Are you looking for the perfect baby boy name that starts with C? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby boy names beginning with C to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your son, C names make strong and unique names for boys.
Discover the most popular C names for boys, rare and unique boy names that start with C, the best options for boy middle names that start with C, and more!
And if you love these boy names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of boy names from A-Z.
Popular Boy Names That Start with C
Some “C” names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are the most popular boy names starting with C according to the latest data from the Social Security Administration.
- Carter - Carter is related to the Gaelic word cairt meaning cart, and ultimately from the Latin carettarius. According to the SSA’s most popular baby boy names list from 2021, Carter is the most popular “C” name for boys, coming in at #39.
- Charles - The name Charles is of German and French origins and means "free man." Charles ranks #50 in the top 1000 names for boys according to the SSA.
- Caleb - Caleb is of Hebrew origin and means "devotion to God." Caleb ranks #50 in the top 1000 names for boys according to the SSA.
- Christopher - The name Christopher is of Greek origin and means "bearer of Christ." Derived from the Greek Christophoros. Christopher is the 52nd most popular name for boys according to the SSA.
- Cameron - Cameron is of English and Scottish origin and means "bent nose." It is believed that this meaning originated from a nickname given to an early member of the clan. Cameron is ranked as the #62 top name for boys.
- Cooper - Cooper is of Old English origin and means "barrel maker." It was originally used as a surname for the occupation.
- Christian - Christian is of Greek origin and means "follower of Christ" or "anointed." It derives from the medieval Latin name Christianus meaning "a Christian." Christian is the 72nd most popular name for boys.
- Colton - Colton is of English origin and means "from the coal or dark town." Colton is ranked #74 in the SSA’s most popular boy names list.
- Connor - Connor is of Irish origin and means "lover of hounds" and "desire." Connor is ranked #97 in the SSA’s most popular boy names list.
- Carson - Carson The name Carson is of Scandinavian origin and means "Son of marsh-dwellers." Carson is ranked at #98 in the SSA’s list of the most popular names for boys
Unique and Rare Boy Names That Start with C
If popular and trendy names aren’t for you, there are plenty of “C” names for boys that are uncommon and unique. Here are some of our favorite unique boy names starting with C.
- Cade - An Old English name meaning “round”
- Cain - A Hebrew name for “craftsman”
- Caelan - An Irish and Scottish boy’s name meaning “victorious people”
- Camillus - A Latin male name meaning “Free-born child”
- Cassius - A Latin name meaning “vain”
- Clyde - A French name that means “lame”
- Cohn - A Greek name meaning “victory of the people”
- Corwyn - An Old French name meaning “raven”
- Cromwell - An Old English name meaning “winding stream.”
- Cyrus - Irish boy name meaning “crag”
Modern Boy Names That Start with C
These trending baby boy names are modern name options for your baby boy.
- Callum - Scottish or Gaelic name for "dove"
- Camden - Irish and Scottish name for "winding valley"
- Colton - English name meaning “coal town”
- Crew - Latin for "chariot"
- Cruz - Unisex Greek name meaning “grace” or “kindness”
Cute Boy Names That Start with C
These are some of the cutest boy names beginning with C. These boy names are perfect for an adorable baby boy.
- Calvin - The name Calvin is of Latin origin and means "bald."
- Casper - Persian boy’s name meaning “keeper of the treasure”
- Catch - American name originally from “Ketchum, Ohio.”
- Chace - Old French name meaning “hunter”
- Clifford - An Old English name meaning “hill”
- Cobb - Hebrew boy’s name meaning “the supplanter”
- Cole - Cole is of Greek origin and means "victorious people."
- Conan - Gaelic name meaning “wise”
- Cormac - Irish boy's name meaning “chariot driver”
- Cosmo - Italian name meaning “order and beauty”
Explore our full list of 750 boy names starting with C below!