Follow this recipes for Homemade Strawberry Lollipops - a cool, nutritious treat to serve your kids.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 4 1/2 tbsp runny honey
- 3 large ripe peaches or nectarines, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 5 large ripe kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Purée the strawberries with a hand blender.
- Strain the purée to get rid of the seeds.
- Stir 1 1/2 tbsp of the honey into the purée.
- Pour the strawberry purée into each of the ice lolly molds until each mold is one-third full.
- Freeze until firm, which will take about 1 1/2 hours.
- Repeat this process with the peaches and 1 1/2 tbsp of the honey, then the kiwi fruit with the rest of the honey.
Annabel Karmel Recipes (c) Ground Up Media Limited 2008
What child can resist an ice lolly? So why not make them out of fresh fruit? These traffic light lollies are made from fresh strawberries, peaches, and kiwis.
Puree the strawberries with a hand blender.
Sift the puree to get rid of the seeds.
Stir 1 ½ tbsp of the honey into the strawberries.
Then, pour the strawberry puree into each of the ice lolly molds until each mold is ⅓ full.
Freeze until firm, which will take about 1 ½ hours.
Repeat the process with the peaches and 1 ½ tbsp of the honey.
Then the kiwifruit, with the rest of the honey.
Colorful, fun, and a great way to give fresh fruit.