Patriotic Flip Flops
Give a plain pair of rubber flip flops a patriotic makeover with our step by step video tutorial. Great for kids, teens, even Mom might like a pair of these! Best of all, you can easily remove and switch up the decorations to wear them all summer long.
- Rubber Flip Flops
- Glitter in Blue and Red
- Foam Pouncer
- Four Foam Stars in Two Sizes
- Hole Punch
- Mod Podge Glossy
- Tinsel Twine (or metallic stretch cord)
- Optional Foam Bowls and Glue
- Mark hole placement on stars, you want them to line up when they’re stacked
- Punch holes, we used a 1/16” punch to make smaller holes.
- Peel stickers from back of foam stars, dip into glitter. We had the glitter in foam bowls to keep the mess contained.
- Tap an even coat of Mod Podge Glossy over glittered stars. Don’t wipe, dab. Let this dry.
- Cut 2 12” twine segments. Fold in half. Thread through front of toe bar, then back into loop, and tighten.
- Thread the twine ends into the bottom of your stars, the larger star goes on the bottom. Tie this into a bow. If you want to keep the stars on the shoes permanently, dab some glue on the knot.
For more craft ideas, please visit http://cocktailscupcakescrafts.com
Happy July 4th to you and your family