The Best Pregnancy Pillows According to Real Moms
Editor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Pregnancy is full of joys and positives, but one of the downsides, especially as we near and enter the third trimester, is finding a comfortable sleeping position. As a belly sleeper myself, this was particularly difficult both times around, and I relied heavily on my pregnancy pillow for comfort.
We’ve compiled a list of the top seven pregnancy pillows out there to help you ease some of those aches and pains that come after a long day on your feet.
Whether you’re working all day or chasing another kid or two around, these amazing cushions are sure to help you relax.
While the pillows can’t do anything about multiple trips to the bathroom each night, these seven options will ensure that while you are resting, you are as comfortable as possible!
Our Top Picks
- Best Pregnancy Pillow All Around: Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow at Amazon
- Best Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers: Cozy Bump Pregnancy Bed at Amazon
- Best Pregnancy Pillow for Side Sleepers: Boppy Total Body Pregnancy Pillow at Amazon
- Most Versatile Pregnancy Pillow: Yogibo Caterpillar Pillow at Amazon
- Best Wedge Pillow: hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge at Amazon
- Best Budget Pregnancy Pillow: INSEN Pregnancy Pillow at Amazon
- Best Pregnancy Pillow for Hip & Back Support: YANZHI H-Shaped Pillow at Amazon
What to Consider When Purchasing Pregnancy Pillows
- Covers: Different fabrics have different textures and will feel different against your skin. Consider what type of fabric you find most soothing. Perhaps a soft and cozy jersey knit is your preference, or maybe you like something a little more textured, like a fleece or velveteen style. Most pillow manufacturers sell additional covers, so you shouldn’t have an issue if you decide you need to change yours up.
- Shape & Size: Depending on what you plan to use the pillow for or how you sleep, you may prefer one shape over another. Some pillow shapes are more versatile than others meaning you can use them as support for sitting up or lying in various positions, while others are designed with a specific function.
- Material: What’s on the inside matters in some cases. Foam, cotton pillow stuffing, memory foam, etc., will make a difference in how it feels when supporting you. You may prefer a firmer pillow over a super soft one as well. Again, consider what you’ll be using the pillow for and where you will need the most support.
- Washable: Is the pillow washable, or does it at least have a removable cover that is machine washable? You have enough on your plate and your tired feet shouldn’t have to worry about complicated washing instructions. Some of the pillows can go into the washer themselves (if your washer is big enough!)
- Cost: Like most things, cost should always be considered. The range of prices for pregnancy pillows can go anywhere from $20 to over $100, so you’ll have to carefully consider how much you are willing to spend and if a higher price tag is worth it.
How We Chose Our Favorites
We researched the various types of pregnancy pillows available and focused on what pregnant moms had to say about each pillow’s comfort, durability, and versatility.
We also looked at what the manufacturers had to say about why their pillow was the best and read to see if the reviews matched up.
Comfort was a significant factor in deciding which pillows made the cut because if they aren’t comfortable and helping mom sleep - then what’s the point?
After putting together the data from written reviews and conversations with actual moms (both currently and formerly pregnant), we have the definitive list of pregnancy pillows to help you ease into a night of restful sleep.
Preparing for baby? Check out our Ultimate List of Baby Must Haves.