Follow the instructions in this early childhood activity to teach your child about fire safety.
- 15 to 20 minutes
- A pencil or pen
- Contact your local fire department, or check the Web for information about home fire safety.
- Talk about what you learn as it applies to your home.
- Practice a fire drill and discuss the results together.
- Help your child make a fire escape map of your home.
- Visit and make an escape map for a close family member in another home.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.