Skip to main content
My son recently underwent an extensive ESE with an independent forensic psychologist. When I gave it to the school, they said that they're unable to read it without the written consent of both parents (we're divorced). They want to do a psychoeducational evaluation instead. What's the difference? Can the school provide an IEP based on one parent's wishes, even though there is shared parental responsibility and joint custody at this time?
This is one for the lawyers. I can't really advise you about the legal issues involved here. Have a look at Attorney Lawrence M. Siegel's book, The Complete IEP Guide: How to Advocate for Your Special Ed Child. He lists a number of free or low-cost legal resources where you can get some answers.

Subscribe to Family Education

Your partner in parenting from baby name inspiration to college planning.